Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Perks of Being A Wallflower

This book is so amazing! When I was a sophomore in high-school, a friend of mine told me that one day this book was going to be huge. I always meant to read the book but I eventually forgot about it. Sure enough he was right about the book. Now, I did not only read this book because it is not famous and a major motion picture. I do however have a rule, I must read the book before watching the movie NO MATTER WHAT! So I remembered the name of this book that I was told about a while ago and I am so happy to have been reminded! Just simply amazing and not what I expected at all!

Taking you inside a world of misfit kids coming together to make each other feel apart of something. Written as a series of letters from the main character Charlie, this book takes you through his perspective in high-school.

This book is such a unique story.

There is just one thing I always find myself asking. WHO WAS HE WRITING THE LETTERS TO?

I would love to know the answer to that question!! I know that is not the point to the story and that is not even a significant part to it but I just can not let it go!


Now, this book has been turned into a major motion picture! I have not yet seen this movie, but I have heard only good things about it! On rotten tomatoes the audience rated the movie 95% and the over all ratings by critics included was a 86%. I say overall that is pretty dang good!


No comments:

Post a Comment