Thursday, February 28, 2013

Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

Destroy Me 

Genre: Young Adult
Type: Dystopian


 Goodreads Description:


     Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.



     In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of. . .



     Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.



     Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel Me,Destroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

WOW!  I absolutely loved this book! Getting to finally hear Warner's side of the story made this series 10 times better than it was (and it was already incredible)! Also, you get to see inside the journal that Juliette is always writing in! All around it was amazing! I is good to finally see why Warner is so obsessed with Juliette and why he is also such a cold jerk! It is also incredible to see that he is not a blind heartless killer! The part about one of his soldiers that he shot in Shatter Me? I was so mad until I read this book and this was the turning point of my thoughts on Warner, was getting to see why he actually shot the soldier!
BUT, did it do it's job in switching me over to Team Warner? NO! I am sorry but even though I now like Warner... I am absolutely wishing and hoping that Juliette still chooses Adam in the end! So we will see because I have already heard a lot about Chapter 62 in Unravel Me and know that I will probably not be happy about it. 

I give this book




4 comments:

  1. Chapter 62 definitely did not make me happy. ;) I love Warner's character, but I simply cannot deal with him being a love interest. Though maybe this novella will make me like him more. I've been a little reluctant to read it, but I'm glad to see you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chapter 62 almost made me forget Adam! but I was just confused for a moment! Still an Adam fan for sure!

      Delete
  2. Hey Andy!

    Haven't read Shatter Me yet =( . Will try to pick it up soon.

    New GFC follower here, and I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. It's for blogs less than 200 followers. You can read the info on my blog here. :D

    Madiha S @ The Smell of Parchment

    ReplyDelete