Thursday, March 28, 2013

Book Review: Requiem by Lauren Oliver


Requiem(Delirium #3) by Lauren Oliver
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian
Goodreads Description:                                 They have tried to squeeze us out, to stamp us into the past.

But we are still here.

And there are more of us every day.

Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight.

After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancée of the young mayor.

Maybe we are driven crazy by our feelings.

Maybe love is a disease, and we would be better off without it.

But we have chosen a different road.

And in the end, that is the point of escaping the cure: We are free to choose.

We are even free to choose the wrong thing.

Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.
      I love this series! Delirium was such a unique story that sucked me in at the very beginning! This book was probably my least favorite of the series but at the same time no doubt still great! It was a little slow in some parts, and crazy in others. I was very mixed through out the whole book. Overall I still loved it!  I have to applaud Lauren Oliver for being such a talented author! 

      In this book it was great to see Lena and Hanas point of view so we were able to see both sides to the story. It was really awesome going from the resistance view to a cured view! It made the story even more interesting and also I had really been wondering what was going on with Hana since Lena left. 

      Also, I love how Alex was brought back in and was a big part of this story. Even though he was so frustrating throughout this book because I just wanted him to confess his love to Lena, I was still hopelessly in love with his character. This book showed you so many different things and kept you on your toes quite a bit! There were some things that just completely through you for a loop because you did not see it coming at all! I loved that about this book! 

My absolute favorite part of this book was the last page. That was the most inspiring part of this whole series! Lauren Oliver really got me right there! 
I just want to say thank you to her and her amazing series! 
I can not wait to see more of the Delirium world when it is a tv show!
Book Rating: Still totally recommended! Such a great series!


SPOILER ALERT!!! 
(my thoughts on parts of the book that you may not want to know before you read it). 
Would be 4 but I just wish we knew more about what happened to some characters and I have too many feels over Raven dying :(
The parts of this book that involved Hana and Fred were really creepy! I could not stand him! What a sick twisted dude! But I also loved how this pushed Hana even more to rejecting the cure. I am really happy that the cure did not completely change Hana because I really liked her!
Also, WHAT!? I did not expect Lu to be a traitor!!!! what a.... WOW! crazy!
I do love that Alex finally confesses to Lena how she feels and she does back! BUT! I hate how then she says that its too complicated and then we don't know what happens with her and him or Julian!
I also was so sad that Raven died!!! so many feels at that point in the book!!! Holy moly!



No comments:

Post a Comment